Are you an Instagram influencer or a small-and-medium enterprise trying to figure out how to get your Instagram verified? Hop in fast because this article would tell you precisely what you need to do to get that blue tick on Instagram.
In recent years, Instagram has become the “Lord of Social Media”, creating various opportunities for content creators, emerging businesses, and marketers to attract customers or, say, followers to their brands.
So, exactly why Instagram verification is important?
With over 25 million brand accounts on Instagram, you must make your presence noticeable. And being verified makes your brand authentic and helps you stand out from the crowd.
The blue tick appears next to the profile names, making it easy for the users to identify the actual account of brands and personalities. Also, it protects your brand from imposters.
What is the eligibility criteria to Get Verified on Instagram?
Anyone and everyone can apply for account verification on Instagram. But to get verified, the account must meet the following criteria:
- Account Must Be Authentic: The account must belong to a real person or a registered business or company. And therefore, you must provide the necessary documents to prove your authenticity.
- Account Must Be Notable: To get your blue tick, you must be a well-known brand or personality. Your search volume must be high or must be featured on a few news articles.
- Account Must Be Complete: Your account must have a profile picture, a proper bio, your website link if you are a brand, and at least one post on your feed.
- Account Must Be Public: To get your profile verified, you need to keep it public, as private profiles are not eligible to get verified.
How Many Followers One Need to Get blue tick on Instagram?
Well, there is no must-have requirement on the number of followers an account must have to get verified. However, one of the crucial factors is that your account must be notable, and having more followers could increase the notability of your account.
Don’t just apply for verification unless your account is ready to take the big step. First, make your presence on the platform by posting quality content and by being active on not only Instagram but on all other social media platforms.
How to Get verfied on Instagram?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your Instagram account verified.
Step 1 – Log into Your Account and Go to Settings
If you have an Instagram account already, log into it. If not, then first create an account before you log in and if you have multiple accounts, make sure that you have logged in to the right one. Once you have logged into your account, click on the Menu (the three horizontal lines) and go to Settings.
Step 2 – Request for Verification
Now, to request for verification, click on Account and then on Request Verification. After clicking on Request Verification, the Apply for Instagram Verification form opens.
Step 3 – Fill Out the Application Form
The application form has two parts: Confirm Authenticity and Confirm Notability. You need to confirm your authenticity by filling out your full name and by uploading any one of the following documents:
- Driver’s License
- National Identification Card
- Tax Filing
- Recent Utility Bill
- Articles of Incorporation
In the notability section, you need to select a Category for your brand among,
- Government and Politics
- Digital Creator/Blogger/Influencer
- Global Business/Brand/Organisation
Step 4 – Next, select the Country/Region your brand or you are established in and then fill out the Audience and the Also Known As fields, both of which are optional. At last, give links to your other social media accounts, any news articles published on you, or any link that shows that your account is of public interest. Providing links helps you get verified but is not compulsory. Lastly, submit the application form.
Hurray! You have successfully submitted your Instagram verification request. Now, all you have to do is wait for the Instagram team to review and process your request.
Benefits of Having Blue Tick on Instagram
There are many benefits of getting your account verified on Instagram. Here are a few,
- Users or potential customers would trust your brand more.
- You would be able to generate more leads and increase the sales of your products and services.
- You would get the swipe up feature for Insta stories even if you have less than 10,000 followers.
- You would get first-hand access to all new features on Instagram.
- Your account would have no action limit. Thus, you can post, follow, comment, and like as much as you can in a day.
5 quick hacks to Get Your Instagram Verified
Try out the following tips to get your Instagram profile verified:
- Grow your Instagram followers
- Grow your followers on other social media platforms
- Post valuable content
- Try to get some media coverage
- Apply various strategies to increase the reach of your profile and posts
We hope this article helps you get your account verified on Instagram. However, getting your profile verified is subject to reviews made by the Instagram team.
Therefore, focus on posting content and creating engagement, and do remember that you can build your brand successfully even without the blue tick.